This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

year of tractor

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
shanganipatrol
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: year of tractor

Postby shanganipatrol » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:25 am

RaymondDurban wrote:How long has the tractor not been running?
Could be a number if things. Could you let us know what you've done since you got it?
Does the tractor roll in neutral? Any strange noises when you push the clutch pedal in?

I would say it hasent run in 15 years. The tractor will roll in neutral, I have only worked on the engine, cleaned carb new plugs oil etc. no noise when you push the clutch in

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

goldencub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01770
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby goldencub » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:04 am

Hi Martin - I just noticed this post about the year of your tractor, although we have been communicating about Mt Selinda. Our Cubs are almost the same! My serial number is 4364 and I believe it was manufactured on/about August 23, 1947. The first Cub rolled off the assembly line in May, 1947, so our machines are very early examples. Thankfully, the original design was awfully good, and even our early tractors, and many more that are of the same age, are still capable of a long, hard days work. I've had lot's of fun with mine and I hope you do too, with yours. Good luck with it. And as you are finding out, this forum is a great place for solid information as well as interesting highlights. Al D
Maud - 1947 Cub #4364
Everything's better with Golden Retrievers, an old Ford V8 and a Cub!

shanganipatrol
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby shanganipatrol » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:48 am

RaymondDurban wrote:How long has the tractor not been running?
Could be a number if things. Could you let us know what you've done since you got it?
Does the tractor roll in neutral? Any strange noises when you push the clutch pedal in?

About 15 years since it last ran, no strange noises when clutch pushed in, engine just cuts out just like turning the key off. It dose roll in neutral.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby RaymondDurban » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:13 am

Can the engine be revved up with the throttle rod on the left side of the engine? If so, how well does it respond to quick acceleration bumps?

If the engine responds good, then I'd say that there is something going on inside the bell housing maybe...?? Have a look up in through the inspection hole and make sure that there is nothing inside that would interfere with things.

If the engine doesn't respond well and stumbles or dies when you try to rev the engine up, then the engine's just weak from sitting so long. Check the engine valves to make sure they are all moving and are set properly, check the timing and spark condition. If possible, check the compression of each cylinder, both wet and dry.

Also, make sure that the wires running down by the clutch pedal aren't being interfered with by the pedal itself as you push it in.

Return to “Farmall Cub”