This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

C3 mower, 140 pulleys, Farmall Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lochness
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16870

C3 mower, 140 pulleys, Farmall Cub

Postby Lochness » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:53 am

Howdy, all. So, I spent yesterday trying to figure out if I could devise some way to attach a C3 mower to my newly acquired cub. It was a little harder than it ought to have been, as the pulley set that came with the mower is for a 140. I have the 90 degree gearbox/pulley to fit on the PTO, but can't figure out how I might get the 140 idler pulleys attached at the drawbar/axle. Anybody have suggestions for a workaround, or should I just get on the online catalogs and search for the right pulleys?

Thanks.

-Sam.

Oh, a P.S. This is my first cub. Fun so far! Well, except when I started it in 1st and drove it over my own foot while fiddling with the choke. Lesson learned.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: C3 mower, 140 pulleys, Farmall Cub

Postby tst » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:58 am

you do not use a right angle drive for a C3 unless you have a fast hitch set up, go to this link and you can a picture of the correct mule drive for a non fast hitch mule drive for a C3 cub setup
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=75968
Tim

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 am

Sam:

Had I been awake ... I would have posted the link to the C-3 Rotary Mower 12-20-63 Owner's Manual. It is a bit fuzzy but is still useful.

You need the correct pulley for the PTO and mule drive. Check with Tim or you can post a want in the Farmall Cub - Wanted, You will have to register and then activate the account via the link in your email. Suggest you use your forum name so folks will know who you are. This is a brand new classified's section for the forum .. a nice upgrade :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Lochness
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16870

Postby Lochness » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:46 am

Ayup, that's about what I thought. Thanks! Anybody out there need the mounting setup for their 140?

Also, the manual section has already been incredibly helpful, fuzzy or not!

-Sam.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:56 am

Sam:

Post the 140 setup in the Farmall Cub Tractors, Parts & Implements section of the "New Classifieds" forum.

Lochness wrote:Oh, a P.S. This is my first cub. Fun so far! Well, except when I started it in 1st and drove it over my own foot while fiddling with the choke. Lesson learned.

And that is why we recommend that you always shake hands with the shifter before pulling the starter :) And rest assured, you are not the first nor the last one to do that. Many of us who have had their Cubs for a long time have done the same thing -- yeah... and NO ! .. you cannot ask how/why/when and where :!: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”