This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What do you think about these Cub prices?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat May 28, 2005 2:07 pm

Yes those tractors were overpriced.

Bill
Last edited by beaconlight on Sat May 28, 2005 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat May 28, 2005 2:39 pm

I just came home from an auction where a nice clean 56 cub sold. 4 years on an engine rebuild, std drawbar with swinging drawbar. Started right up, ran quiet with no smoke. Missing the stainless lettering on the right side of the hood. Decent paint but not recent. No implements. Brought $1300.

And no, it did not come home with me. I must be slipping!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat May 28, 2005 2:52 pm

beaconlight wrote:George did it have the kne action front end??

Bill

Yes, and like all the others the bushings were well worn so the camber was negative. The oil had all run out, like all the others, so the shock function wasn't working until I filled it with 90 wt. Sometimes when it was dry you could use the lack of shocks to good advantage. You could grab the bumper and start the front end bouncing. Then you could bounce it sideways to get it into a tight parking place. I doubt any current cars could do that.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat May 28, 2005 3:04 pm

George you bring back fond memories.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Waukee Cubs

Postby Eugene » Sat May 28, 2005 8:40 pm

My father called from the Waukee Swap Meet. Told me there were 3 Cubs for sale. I told him the prices quoted on this site and that I thought they were over priced.

Father called back later. The Cubs are to be auctioned off. The LowBoy has a reserve. The Auctioneer, friend of my father, belived that the LowBoy would not bring $3750.00 and that the seller had placed a reserve on the LowBoy. Autioneer did not state the reserve price.

My father made one very good point. Cubs were not common tractors in Iowa. So, the prices are some what higher.

Eugene

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat May 28, 2005 9:17 pm

The fella I took the 2 cubs to in council Bluffs, IA said the samething. Really hard to find them there.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Sat May 28, 2005 9:36 pm

I bid on a parts cub here in western oklahoma last weekend that had a busted block, lower radiator housing, no hood, carb and crappy tires.

That tractor brought 600 dollars.

In this part of Oklahoma you are very lucky to find anything smaller than a Farmall H.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

pgmrdan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pgmrdan » Sat May 28, 2005 9:44 pm

Yep, Eugene. I didn't mention the one in the auction I saw yesterday. One was an International Lo Boy that the DNR had owned at one time a few years back. It was rought but not as rough as the 3 I mentioned where the guy wanted $1500 a piece.

Today there may have been another one there but I have no idea what the auction amounts were. I didn't stay that late. The auction was to begin at 1:00 pm today. But that would explain why the 3 $1500 Cubs were not where I had seen them earlier.

If he put the Lo Boy he was riding around on into the auction too then I'm really curious about the amount it went for.

Return to “Farmall Cub”