This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mott belt

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Mott belt

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:04 pm

I have owned a cub with flail mower that I have used every mowing season for around 30 years. I used Gates B144 belts until about 8 years ago when I started having problems with early failures. I finally ordered one from Flailmaser, which lasted 5 or 6 years before failing. I then bought one from NAPA which is made by Gates, but comes from Mexico. It lasted about 3 years, which was not too bad considering it only cost half as much as the Flail master belt did. To replace it I ordered a Gates (made in USA) from the local Carquest. It failed in less than an hour of mowing. When I took it back they called the distributor and he sent them a 6800BR belt, which is part of the Bladerunner series made by Gates for use on mowers. The distributor said it would withstand the twisiting and bending of going around the vertical I'dler pulleys better than the B144. It has been raining since I it it on, so I have not tried it yet, but will keep you posted.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mott belt

Postby tst » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:26 pm

gates also has a line of belts with HD added on the end of the part # for heavy duty applications
tim

CharlieK
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40165

Re: Mott belt

Postby CharlieK » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:59 am

gates belts are 'bout the best ya can get--gonna buy 2 B134's today for the woods 42c
get er done; life is good

Return to “Farmall Cub”