Generator Oil Cup(s)?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Me again - bet you can't wait for this Cub to be finished.

Take a look at this photo and advise please. Thanks so much, Ken
Generator.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Generator Oil Cup(s)?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Try McMaster Carr.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:36 pm

There are only two oil cups. One for the front bearing and one for the rear bearing. The hole you are pointing to is not drilled all the way through.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:47 pm

You can also check with your local fastener supplier like Fastenal and save on postage.

Never seen a generator with two cups on one end. No need for two cups to fill the reservoir underneath them.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Barnyard wrote:There are only two oil cups. One for the front bearing and one for the rear bearing. The hole you are pointing to is not drilled all the way through.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Looked down in there, thought it was an oil bucket. Sure enough Barnyard, now I've stuck a small screwdriver down in there to find it's solid as a rock. My Bad :big smirk:

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:29 pm

If you have trouble finding the cups at the places mentioned, try Brillman.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:39 pm

One thing to keep in mind. If you have a generator that is missing an Oil Cup .. it may not be missing it at all and was intentionally removed. I queried my re-builder when they did my genny's how come the oil cup was missing on the front of one of them. That happened to be the one that they replaced the bearing in. Seems the new replacement bearings are sealed and do not require oiling :shock: :)

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:47 pm

Here is a picture of mine cleaned up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.