Cub To Malawi, Africa?

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Cub To Malawi, Africa?

Postby ricky racer » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:04 pm

I had a really nice black man with an accent stop this afternoon to look at the Lo-Boy that I have out to the road for sale.

He said he had been looking for a tractor for less than $2000 but had not found much. He liked the Lo-Boy because of the simple nature of the tractor. I told him that one nice thing about the Cubs was low prices, easy to find and inexpensive parts. Then he told me he was looking for a tractor to take back to Malawi, Africa when he moves back home there. I told him that the inexpensive and readily available parts might not apply in Africa. He wanted the Cub for pulling Blue Gum logs out of the woods or forest. He said they use Blue Gum trees for most of their lumber over there. Interesting. I told him that the Cub might have enough lead in its shorts to pull the logs out depending on how big or heavy they are.

Anyway, it was fun talking to him and listening to how things are done over there. However, it seems to me that the shipping of a Cub to Africa alone would cost more than the Cub was worth. I enjoyed the conversation we had.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub
ricky racer
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub To Malawi, Africa?

Postby AgTires4295 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:07 am

I wonder how much it would cost to ship. I can't imagine that's the smartest move on his part. That'd be like taking a Belarus to the mountains of WV (or anywhere isolated). At least the guy has great taste in what he wants :lol:
1954 Farmall Cub
1970 Cub Cadet 127
AgTires4295
Cub Star
Cub Star

Zip Code: 20646
Tractors Owned: 1940 Farmall A
1951 Farmall Cub
1970 Cub Cadet 127

Re: Cub To Malawi, Africa?

Postby Jackman » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:57 am

Always neat to meet someone with an interesting story :big afro:

Cubs are a great conversation starter :!: have had a few unknown people drop by my place when mowing the lawn with the 57 :D
Jackman
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 000000
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Return to Farmall Cub