possible carburetor problem

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

possible carburetor problem

Postby 1990caprice » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:15 pm

well i was hoping to hear the cub fire up today after new coil, new points, new plug wires, new cap, and new condenser. i just wasn't so fortunate. the tractor has a blue spark on every cylinder, has compression (felt it with thumb with plugs out) i feel air being sucked in through the air cleaner. it has fuel i pulled the main jet out and clean looking fuel flowed out and the jet wasn't clogged. the plugs are dry as a bone. with how much i cranked the engine over i would have thought it would be flooded but no gas sent. i guess i am getting at is it likely my carb is gummed up beyond the main jet or just entirley in need of a rebuild. it seems to me it has all the ingredients to start minus the fuel getting to the plugs. i truely appreciate all the help i get off this site. thanks again
1990caprice
Cub Star
Cub Star

Zip Code: 40508

Re: possible carburetor problem

Postby tst » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:46 pm

spray some carb cleaner in the carb while cranking and see if it fires, if it does you have carb problems most likely
tst
501 Club
501 Club

Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: possible carburetor problem

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:29 pm

If it was running before the tune up, I would check the plug wire order and timing.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Return to Farmall Cub