possible carburetor problem

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
1990caprice
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 40508

possible carburetor problem

Postby 1990caprice » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:15 pm

well i was hoping to hear the cub fire up today after new coil, new points, new plug wires, new cap, and new condenser. i just wasn't so fortunate. the tractor has a blue spark on every cylinder, has compression (felt it with thumb with plugs out) i feel air being sucked in through the air cleaner. it has fuel i pulled the main jet out and clean looking fuel flowed out and the jet wasn't clogged. the plugs are dry as a bone. with how much i cranked the engine over i would have thought it would be flooded but no gas sent. i guess i am getting at is it likely my carb is gummed up beyond the main jet or just entirley in need of a rebuild. it seems to me it has all the ingredients to start minus the fuel getting to the plugs. i truely appreciate all the help i get off this site. thanks again

tst
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: possible carburetor problem

Postby tst » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:46 pm

spray some carb cleaner in the carb while cranking and see if it fires, if it does you have carb problems most likely

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: possible carburetor problem

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:29 pm

If it was running before the tune up, I would check the plug wire order and timing.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!