This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Throttle Not Opening All the Way Up

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Throttle Not Opening All the Way Up

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Dennis:

I have two of these and they are really handy to have. Pretty darn accurate .. they are a must in my tool box :!:

And that is a really good price. Most of the time they go for a lot more. To get the pair I have, I must have bid on 20 or 30 of them to finally win.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Throttle Not Opening All the Way Up

Postby Rick Spivey » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:14 am

I doubt any cub that is functioning correctly actually uses all the notches up, and has a noticeable increase in engine speed at each new both setting. Some of them only use 1/2 the notches to achieve full throttle settings. I wouldn't worry about the last three notches, nor the fact that you can move the throttle lever when at "full throttle" setting. Both are normal. As others have said, focus on the correct things here, which are removing any slop in the governor to carburetor linkage, and the actual RPM measured at "full throttle" setting on your throttle quadrant.
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

Return to “Farmall Cub”