thank you

Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:33 pm

I've completed my first split for clutch issues and wanted to say a big thanks to the folks on this forum for all of their fantastic help. So, THANKS. It is nice to get all of the blocking, come-alongs, jacks, ect. out of the way and have the tractor start and appear to clutch fine.

One question: it sounds as if it is running slightly rough. I cleaned the main jet which helped, but it seems like it is running rich. If I barely pull out the choke it kills immediately. If I could push in the choke lever further I believe it would run smoother, but the lever in the carb is fixed at an end point. Any thoughts? With the split the throttle and choke rod were disconnected. I replaced the spark plugs--I checked to make sure I replaced the plug wires correctly. If I pull on the governor linkage the engine speed increases, but the roughness does not improve.

Thanks,

Todd

Re: thank you

Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:52 am

Hope you didn't enlarge the hole in the main jet, which could make it run rich.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:58 am

Remove the air cleaner hose. Operate the choke lever/rod to see if the choke plate is fully open when the choke rod/lever is depressed. Some times the choke lever on the carburetor slips out of position.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:19 am

I addition to Eugene's comments, re-adjust the governor to carburetor linkage in accordance with the Service Manual.