Grill/ Hood

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Me and my dad are fixing up a 1948 Farmall cub. So far there hasn't been a single thing on the tractor that hasn't been either welded or broke off and replaced with something totally wrong. Farming. Anyways, the the grill is thick chicken wire welded onto the hood and dog legs. Could someone send me a picture or explain what the stock grill looked like? thank you!

Re: Grill/ Hood

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:32 pm

G'day to you and congrats to you and your Dad for fixing up that '48. If you follow the links below and go to the Owner's Manuals you will see a graphic of the Cub's grille.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the PDF Manuals -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.

This is a page from the TC-37A (5-2-49) parts catalog

Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:44 am

Welcome to the forum from Arkansas. Come on in, have a look around, about anything you want to know about a cub can be found with a little time and searching.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:11 am

Welcome to the forum! And if you can,t find it, the members of this forum are always here with answers to your problems. Dale.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks guys! This is great help. We just put the first coat on the rear end parts and pieces, starting to get it back together!

Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Welcome......

Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Hi,
Here's a pic of a 1948 Cub that I found. It said it's a 1948, the first style was like this. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:12 pm

FarmC - I'm doing a TOTAL overhaul of our 1948 also. This is CLEARLY the correct place to be for EVERYTHING you every wanted to know about your tractor. Today, I just finished filling all the pitting in the bottom of the seat. The hood has the first coat of filler for the minor pitting there.

Many parts are painted.

My advice follow what you read here. These folks have got it going on. Use http://www.tmtractor.com/index_007newparts.htm as a good reference and place to order parts. Also, use the "Wanted" Section of this forum as the sellers of parted out Cubs monitor it often. I've had great success.

Lastly, find a CubFest and go to one.

Regards, Ken