This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

my no start situation

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rick Spivey
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 29518
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: my no start situation

Postby Rick Spivey » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:43 am

Most cubs I own or have dealt with don't really need or like much choke; remember I'm in the south, though, so very few severe cold starts. Point being, when I ever do flood one a bit, which is fairly easy, it takes several rips with the hand starter to get it to fire up, and mine are in what I would call a good state of tune. If you are getting gas dripping from the weep hole, I would be off the choke immediately, or at 1/4 choke. If your cub is questionable on tuning status, or has not been run in months/years, I would quickly move to a safe pull start (use your drawbar to pull it by, long enough chain between you and pulling vehicle, trans in 3rd gear, etc.).
Rick Spivey
'52 Cub ("Great Personality") 148xxx
'48 Cub with FH ("Gunny Cub") 38xxx
'57 Lambretta (a slow work in progress)
'74 Triumph TR6 (Mama's toy)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ArtN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35111

Re: my no start situation

Postby ArtN » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:20 pm

I will go with the 180 off answer. Had the same problem at one time.

Return to “Farmall Cub”