This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Update Waukee, Ia. Swap Meet.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Update Waukee, Ia. Swap Meet.

Postby Eugene » Sun May 29, 2005 6:16 pm

Reference: pgmrdan post "What Do You Think About These Cub Prices." Here is what the tractors from pgmrdan's post sold for at the Waukee, Iowa Swap Meet, auction.

Cub Lowboy with mower, weak motor sold for $1500.00.
Cub with generator off, ran - $925.00
Cub - about $825.00

My father bid up to $750.oo on each of the Cubs. Reported Auctioneer had a tough time getting bids.

Unstyled WC Allis, good fenders, ran and sounded good. $475.00
Unstyled WC Allis, they didn't start this tractor. $400.00

1941, John Deere B sold for $950.00

Two F-20s sold for $200.00

Eugene.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Mon May 30, 2005 5:55 am

For some reason around here the ACs would have brought the cub prices or more and the cubs the AC prices. Go figure.

pgmrdan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pgmrdan » Mon May 30, 2005 9:13 am

Thanks Eugene!!!

I'm glad to know those prices.

$1500 for the one that was running maybe seemed a little high to me because I see what 'sound' like better tractors listed for $1700 or $1800 but they're usually not real close to my location so I never get to see what they really look like up close.

$825 and $925 seem to be in the ballpark for the other two but those were hard for me to judge the value. But at least I didn't think they were worth the $1500 asking price, so I'm beginning to get a feel for prices around here. I'm still working on it. :D

Thanks again for posting the auction results. Very interesting and helpful!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Waukee Swap Meet Prices

Postby Eugene » Mon May 30, 2005 12:37 pm

My father is in his 80's, farmer, tractor mechanic. He buys and sells things from auctions - hobby - past time. Dad bid $750.00 because he knew he could resell them for a little more to a guy who deals in Cub and IH Cub Cadet tractors and parts.

Dad called before the auction started, listed the tractors and asked if I wanted to bid on any of them. I really wanted the better unstyled WC Allis. Unfortunately, I don't have room for another tractor. AND the wife was listening to my side of the conversation. I had promised her that I would not buy any more equipment until we have our new (pending installlation) roof paid for.

Eugene

pgmrdan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pgmrdan » Mon May 30, 2005 3:34 pm

Eugene,

Does your dad live in Missouri too or does he live in Iowa?

If he lives near me he sounds like someone I should get to know. :D

Of course, MO isn't all that far away.

Thanks,
Dan

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Waukee Swap Meet Prices

Postby Eugene » Mon May 30, 2005 6:59 pm

Dan:

Dad lives in Guthrie Center, Iowa. His address and phone number can be found in the wanted/for sale section of this web site under F-20's for sale.

Eugene

pgmrdan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pgmrdan » Mon May 30, 2005 7:20 pm

Thanks Eugene!

I got his phone number. When the time gets closer to buying I may give him a call to find out if he knows of any good opportunities.

Hope he won't mind a call from a stranger.

Thanks again.

Return to “Farmall Cub”