What's This? A 1913 Cub??

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:19 pm

I thought my 1947 Cub was one of the first, but???? I think the story goes like this: The Wallis Tractor Co was a branch of the Case Plowshare Co and made a tractor called the Wallis Bear. In 1913, they introduced a "small" tractor into the line which they called the Cub. A "demonstrator" model toured the country in it's own railroad boxcar in order to demonstrate it's plowing capability. Here is a picture of the Cub off-loading from the boxcar. It should be painted white?? I think my Cub looks better!!!!! Al D

http://www.antiquefarming.com/images/farmtractor.jpg

Re: What's This? A 1913 Cub??

Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:33 pm

I think that cub weighs about the equivalent of 3 of our cubs., but not much more horsepower

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:23 am

Also the first puncture proof tires....LOL...

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:51 am

It was also way ahead of the "modern" cub with underslung exhaust!

Todd

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:01 am

There is no doubt this is what George Willer used as his model when he built his tricycle Cub.

"Trike", now owned by Steve Butram. Driven here by Gary Dotson.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:56 pm

I have seen mention of Mr. Willer's Tricycle Cub...Good to actually see a picture of it...Is that a "B' rearend and possibly an "H" front? He must have been a smart man...

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:09 pm

JRICK wrote:Is that a "B' rearend and possibly an "H" front?

Nope it isn't. I know that George built the front tricycle assembly from scratch and he did the rear from Cub parts machining what he needed. He was a great fabricator.

JRICK wrote:He must have been a smart man...

And yes, he was one of the smartest men I ever knew. Proud to have him as one of my mentors :!:JRICK