This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

best spark plug and why

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: best spark plug and why

Postby Rudi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Mark:

I think it is because we all have the very same interests at heart, there is no competition and all the members of our community are really nice folks who really like to help. You can't beat that with or without said proverbial stick :lol: .

My ear is always pointed a bit south. I am trying to find a weekend to go visit Dave outside of Bangor and we will be driving through Maine in the fall, at least once. It looks like we will be driving right by your place in Houlton :shock: This is cool because you are only about 3 hours from us and there are also a couple of members in the Fredericton/Woodstock areas as well. It looks like we might have to consider another CubFest Northeast NB in the near future.

By any chance will you be able to make it to Cecil's in October? CubFests and Gatherings Calendar 2013 - CubFest Northeast: October 11th - 13th, 2013 - Valatie, New York. Em and I are going for about 10 days this year, taking in Cecil's Fest, visit with friends and head over to the fiber festival in Rheinbeck. It is always a good time at Cecil's ... lots to learn, lots of stuff to play with and lots of good folks who will become good friends. You could also take your Cub or the next one so we have something to play with over the weekend .. along with my new to me Lo-Boy.

Oh yeah, your buddy has the right idea. None of mine are redone - they are in their work clothes and I like em like that. Only parts that get painted are the ones that have been fixed.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Posco
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04730
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub...so far

Postby Posco » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Rudi wrote:By any chance will you be able to make it to Cecil's in October? CubFests and Gatherings Calendar 2013 - CubFest Northeast: October 11th - 13th, 2013 - Valatie, New York.

As much as I know I'd enjoy it, I don't think I can commit myself to that this time around. I've been fighting to find time to work on the Cub. Time seems to be measured on a different scale nowadays than when I was a kid, it goes so fast and there's not enough of it. But thank you for the invitation, the N.B. one sounds much more doable.

Now, what am I going to name her?

Posco
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04730
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub...so far

Postby Posco » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Boss Hog wrote:12 volt is a great thing Mark

Thanks for your help, Boss. I'll be leaning on you in the future.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:45 pm

Any brand except champions. !! Thanks ;sonny

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:49 am

Posco wrote:Now, what am I going to name her?

Mark:

I ruminated on that one for the longest while. I tried all kinds of monikers but one evening I was talking to my wife about the Beverly Hill Billy's -- I think because of Buddy Ebson - he was in a movie or something that got my memories going. I always enjoyed the Clampett's and that stupid tune for some reason is always in my head -- just like Eddie Albert's Green Acres. So it was and automatic choice for me -- first one my '48 had to be Ellie-Mae or Ellie for short. Have Jethro a '50 that I was thinking about putting back together so he actually resembles a Cub again, Granny my '47 that so far is my Hangar Queen and Jed a '55 that now lives at Ed's place over in Rehoboth.

So, the name should mean something to you or remind you of a better time maybe incorporating farms or something. That is just my thought processes on naming. For others it is much different.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Rudi wrote:
Posco wrote:Now, what am I going to name her?

Mark:

I ruminated on that one for the longest while. I tried all kinds of monikers but one evening I was talking to my wife about the Beverly Hill Billy's -- I think because of Buddy Ebson - he was in a movie or something that got my memories going. I always enjoyed the Clampett's and that stupid tune for some reason is always in my head -- just like Eddie Albert's Green Acres. So it was and automatic choice for me -- first one my '48 had to be Ellie-Mae or Ellie for short. Have Jethro a '50 that I was thinking about putting back together so he actually resembles a Cub again, Granny my '47 that so far is my Hangar Queen and Jed a '55 that now lives at Ed's place over in Rehoboth.

So, the name should mean something to you or remind you of a better time maybe incorporating farms or something. That is just my thought processes on naming. For others it is much different.

Well, Rudi, that means that you now have to have a Milburn (Drysdale) and Jane (Hathaway) to go with your stable!! lol
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Mike:

Yes, I do ... I have to decide if I am going to re-use Jed. Mr. Drysdale and Miss Jane were always in the list of future Cubs. I think maybe the loader Cub could be Mr. Drysdale or Milburn seeing as he always was full of it huh :?: :wink: :roll: :lol:

Return to “Farmall Cub”