This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control with 3 Bellcranks

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Touch Control with 3 Bellcranks

Postby WKPoor » Tue May 31, 2005 5:22 pm

My touch control has 3 bellcranks. I don't recall seeing another Cub like this and as far as I can tell it looks factory. There are 2 on the left and 1 on the right. At one time I had a helper spring on the L/H inboard bellcrank to lend assistance to lifting on the 3pt. I didn't take the time to get a pic on but possibly someone else has or knows of this.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Tue May 31, 2005 6:41 pm

that is correct
one on each side for cultivators, also left side went back to rear lift, right side front/middle blade, mowers, etc..
extra one on left side for helper spring for the fast hitch. dodn't remember what year it got added.
Do you still have the helper spring or did it go with your three point??
Ron

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue May 31, 2005 6:52 pm

Arm for the helper spring was added in '54.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue May 31, 2005 9:02 pm

I haven't sold my 3pt yet, but the spring I sold a couple of years ago. I still have the fender though. I found that by lengthing the bellcrank on the 3pt. I more effectively accomplished what I was trying to do which was get more lifting power. The problem is that rear lift implements use the ram side of the cylinder when raising if I remember right. The best plan is to simply use a seperate cylinder for rear lift. I found the system marginal for rear lifting ability.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue May 31, 2005 10:29 pm

WKPoor wrote:The problem is that rear lift implements use the ram side of the cylinder when raising if I remember right.

Other way around.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:23 am

Jim, you are right-all lifting operations are from the piston side. I don't know where I got that notion from but after review when I got home I stand corrected.

Return to “Farmall Cub”