This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New member - Faron from Central PA

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Farrun
10+ Years
10+ Years

New member - Faron from Central PA

Postby Farrun » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:38 pm

Just bought a 57 Cub. I'm loving it.

I'm wondering about a couple of things: I'd like to run a post-hole digger from my cub. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does it have to be one specifically designed for a Cub?

And what about a front end loader? Good or bad idea?

And I'm interested in various other implements, like a sickle bar and a disc harrow. I have a Woods belly mower and a single plow.

I got the tractor to play with (of course) and to take care of my little kingdom of 2 acres on a hillside with a small orchard. Any hints or advice about this tractor would be welcomed.

Thanks for being here - it was great to find this group.

Faron
1957 Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:23 pm

Farrun - welcome to Farmallcub.com and the cub forum! I am glad you find you cub so much fun as many of the rest of us do. I really think you will find your cub ill-suited for a front end loader and post hole digger. Although, both implements were available for the cub they are both fairly rare and high priced. Since the cub pto runs in the opposite direction from the industry standard and at the wrong speed, the cub requires a post hole digger designed specifically for it. I believe Danhauser made one but as I said, they are rare. The cub will handle a loader but any abuse will make short work of the lightweight front end components. As has been stated elsewhere, you can buy a loader and tractor for what you will pay for a cub loader alone.
The disk harrow and sickle bar mower are excellent choices though and will make your cub much more productive.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

capt jack
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby capt jack » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:42 pm

Welcome aboard. Always glad to have a new member. Lotsa' good stuff up here; manuals (Rudi) advice (Everyone Else). Big Dog is right one. A cub just does not have the front end to work a loader, unless you are moving compose or sand. My 8N is not up to that heavy work either. A post hole digger, probably just a dream, very expensive and if the little cub catch a rock or root just right, oops you break a bunch of parts. I hope you will take advantage of all the fellowship here. Always remember the cub, as with all machinery, can kill you. Dont let that happen 'cause I don't have a black suit.
ENJOY...
Give a man fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:52 pm

Welcome to the best cub forum around ,I know you will enjoy
your cub.
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:17 pm

Hey Faron. Welcome aboard. Plenty of good faqs reading on the home page here. Did you get manuals with the cub? I would recommend having a few. The guys here are great. They answer all our simple questions and know tons of info. So ........ don't be shy about asking any questions. Also, the guys here like to joke around, so don't take them too serious when that stuff pops up ............... :?
Ron

ducati750
10+ Years
10+ Years

New Guy

Postby ducati750 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:49 pm

Welcome to the very best fourm on the web! There are some really great people here. There is also an endless supply of knowledge and information to help you out with any problem you have with your Cub. I hope you enjoy your Cub as much as I have.

Dan Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dan Stuckey » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:59 am

Welcome abourd Faron,
Sounds like we might be neighbors. Currently in the Middle East but I'm from Altoona with my 49 Cub. BUT, today I leave here to start my trip back home and back to civilian life. And my Cub, Ernie, says hi to yours

Dan Stuckey
Altoona, Pa.

Albie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Albie » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:29 am

Welcome Central Pa. I have a post hole digger taken off a Farmall C for sale and a 154 with a two arm loader also for sale. The nice part is you could pick the items up on your return trip from ther CubFest as I am in N.W. Pa.
Computer will be down for a couple of days will be off line till Wednesday. AlBie

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:14 pm

Welcome I am presently in Punxy for my grand daughters high school Graduation.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:16 pm

First, welcome to the greatest forum on the internet, and to the Cub Family. You will find that all the folks on this forum are kind, helpful and just full of Cub info and knowledge. They also happen to be the finest folks I have ever met :!: :D

Ok, so here is the spiel.

I would suggest that you read this thread: New Members and Visitors, Please READ. There are many great links to informative pages such as the ATIS FAQ's (both 1 and 2), The Best of H.L. Chauvin who has written very interesting articles on troubleshooting common problems with your Cub.

Also, you might want to visit the Cub Manual Server as there is tons of info on servicing, maintaining and re-building your Cub.

I would also recommend that you visit Binder Books and purchase the Owner's Manual, the GSS-1411 Service Manual and the TC-37F Parts Manual. Although they are available on the server, it is better is you also have your own paper copy. Binder Books is the only licensed IH publication reprint shop and they have the best quality.

I truly hope that you enjoy your Cub and that you will be a frequent contributor to the forum. Again, welcome to the Cub Family :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Farrun
10+ Years
10+ Years

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Postby Farrun » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:51 am

And for the words of wisdom regarding the front-end loader and the post-hole digger. My wife is very greatful to you. (She thinks we should just rent a post-hole digger for the one job we have lined up. I'm finally realizing she's right. That's painful to admit! :))

You guys really are great. Here I am on my tractor, hauling some branches up out of the orchard. My wife caught me by surprise. I don't always have that dumb a look on my face. Sometimes it's worse! Also, my wife and her friends have all pointed out that my sweats clash with the tractor. She told me this morning that I'm not allowed to wear them with the tractor anymore. ;)

Thanks again!

Faron
1957 Cub

'60_Lo-Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby '60_Lo-Boy » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:39 pm

thats one sharp lookin cubby ya got there :wink:

the sweats add to the flavor of the cub, and id have to say that most of us have those "dumb look" times too :roll: :P
Aaron.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:15 pm

I am with Rudi! Welcome...

At least the sweats are somewhat coordinated with the overall color scheme. Don't give it another thought. (gotta be comfortable)
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

brian kovacevic
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kovacevic » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:29 pm

greetings from western pa. big beaver to be exact . that 57 you got looks very nice. i am glad you found farmall cub . com. its a great web site. i only found it a few months back. very helpful people and great links along with info. ibought my 1st. cub last fall and i love it and wouldnt be without it . i heard bad things also about weak front spindles with regards to the front end loader , and the post hole digger i was actually thinkin of tryin to find one myself but after thinkin about ruining somethin on my good ol lo-boy i talked myself right out of it . gotta roll sincerely brian kovacevic :shock: its gettin late and my eyes are goin bugggy

Return to “Farmall Cub”