This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sourcing Bolts - Any Suggestions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Anvilheadtexas
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77009

Sourcing Bolts - Any Suggestions

Postby Anvilheadtexas » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:53 pm

As I continue to make some progress (slow this week as I was waiting parts and it is to hot in garage to really enjoy myself) I realized that all of the bolts (excluding drawbar) on my 1951 Cub are orginal IH or "dot heads". So what this means is I want to go the extra distance and use all correct bolts. Is there any place that deals with single bolts? I noted on ebay there are boxes of bolts (collected from parting out tractors) but that does not seem the way to go.

I looks like one of the bolt that holds on the PTO shaft assembly is not original and one of the three bolts that holds the rear metal bracket for the three point hitch is not original (I am sorry I do not have the correct name of the metal piece so I attached a picture).

Thank you for your help in advance.
Attachments
Rear tractor21.jpg
Rear tractor21.jpg (104.05 KiB) Viewed 350 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Sourcing Bolts - Any Suggestions

Postby pickerandsinger » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:24 am

Hmmmmm, 3 point hitch with original bolts...Seems like one don't go with the other....But,I'm a working tractor fellow....Check with the guys who sell parts in the classifieds...They may have some extra's...Also the sponsor's TM , JP salvage etc....You always got as you said Ebay....
In Memory of 58,286

TJG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TJG » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:47 am

There isn't anything magical about the dot head bolts. If you know what you need put a notice in the wanted section. I'd guess there are guys on this forum with cans of bolts that can help. Another thought is if someone is scrapping a tractor in your area you may be able to buy some of the bolts off of the tractor. It wouldn't even have to be a cub, the bolts of a correct size would be universal.

Todd

TexCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77316
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby TexCub » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:58 am

Don Eicher in Vidor may have what you need. I've not dealt with him in a while, but had good experiences the few times I have. His website is

http://defarmallcubs.com/

And if you're on the east side of Houston then he's reasonably close. He's told me he parts a lot out and to always call if I was looking for something not on the website.

Dave
53 Cub, C-2 mower, grader blade, cultivators, & a few plows

Anvilheadtexas
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77009

Postby Anvilheadtexas » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 pm

I will look him up!

Return to “Farmall Cub”