Pitman Arm.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Can someone tell me where I could order a new pitman arm for the sickle mower? My son was acting like a BONE HEAD while I was at work today and broke it on our Cub 22. :censored: :censored: :x :x

Re: Pitman Arm.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:12 pm

Got mine from CaseIH dealer. Bout 25 if I remember correctly

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Are you needing only the wooden part or did the entire pitman get torn up? Just the wooden part would appear to be easy enough to make. Vern

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:24 pm

v w wrote:Are you needing only the wooden part or did the entire pitman get torn up? Just the wooden part would appear to be easy enough to make. Vern

There's a sketch with measurements somewhere on the forum.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:39 pm

they are less than $20 new from A&I parts

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks guys. Just the wooden part broke. He'll be happy on the price since I told him he'll use his baling money to pay for it. I guess we were all young once. Lol

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Image Doesn't take too much effort to make if you have any wood working skills. I start with a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2" oak stair spindle and go from there.

Bob

Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:28 am

Steve H wrote:Can someone tell me where I could order a new pitman arm for the sickle mower? My son was acting like a BONE HEAD while I was at work today and broke it on our Cub 22. :censored: :censored: :x :x

And that was a good pitman stick, Steve! I have a new one I'll sell you. Come on up. $20.00

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Yes Denny it WAS a good one. Lol. I'll PM you early next week and get your address and head your way. Thanks!

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:58 am

You've forgotten how to get here already? :shock:

Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:30 am

There is no quick cure for the bone-headness.
Building one is not a good idea especially when you are talking just $20.00. Having the model # of the mower is a good idea.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Tractor Supply Co. sells them. last I knew for around $15. I'm sure it's been broke again since this post. lol

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Denny Clayton wrote:You've forgotten how to get here already? :shock:

Lol, not really. I pass threw there every now and then......I only remember the general area tho.
And as far as it already being broken again....that hasn't happened due to the fact that the boy isn't allowed back on ANY tractor, big or small, for a little while. I must admit I was furious when I got home from work and seen it broke and then after a little looking around I figured out how he broke it, it made me even more mad. In the end I guess he was just trying to help me out. BUT he's still gonna hand Denny the $20! Lol

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:43 pm

I had an uncle who farmed for a living. When I was a boy we had a cub with a sickle bar with a broken pitman. He told us that was the intended weak link in the mower so more expensive parts weren't damaged. Kind of like shear pins in a snow-blower or outboard motor. He went to town and brought us back a bundle of 20 of those sticks...