for the new members

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Who and why are there two holes in the floor pan.

Re: for the new members

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:26 am

You like stirring things up don't you Mike. :D

Re: for the new members

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:26 pm

The Who would be me. The reason for the holes is that they are the floor drain for spilled beverages or pee when things get scary.

Do I win a Cub ball cap for the answer?

Re: for the new members

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:56 pm

I always thought they were juice holes...... one for tobacco the other for snuff.

credit

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:28 pm

John, i was just trying to get some of the new members to use the search function. And Eugene is trying to take credit.

Re: for the new members

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:41 pm

Mike:

I didn't see anyone newer than me post the correct answer.

Now, you should have ask the purpose of all the threaded holes in cast iron tractor parts. Answer, a place for mud daubers to build nests.

Re: for the new members

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Eugene wrote:Mike:

I didn't see anyone newer than me post the correct answer.

Now, you should have ask the purpose of all the threaded holes in cast iron tractor parts. Answer, a place for mud daubers to build nests.


I'm surprised them little suckers haven't figured a way to clog up those holes in the floor pan. :evil:

Re: for the new members

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:22 pm

They are to place funnels in. One if you are right handed and the other if left handed. Eugene is on the right track.

Re: for the new members

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Seems Mike has been on this for quite some time. But has been 4 years [urlhttp://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39964&p=331399&hilit=holes+in+floor+pan#p331399]since he posted this one.[/url]

:lost:

Re: for the new members

Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:55 pm

I had to go a little farther back - but it now seems they are for [urlhttp://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=206698]machine gun mounts[/url]. :bellylaugh: :jeep:

Re: for the new members

Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:22 pm

Actually ... they aren't .. :roll: Ifn you want the real scoop .. check here - Where does the Hand crank go?. It is back a few years :lol:

Way ta go Mike :big what: :big shy: :big smile:

Re: for the new members

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:50 am

Rudi wrote:Actually ... they aren't .. :roll: Ifn you want the real scoop .. check here - Where does the Hand crank go?. It is back a few years :lol:

Way ta go Mike :big what: :big shy: :big smile:


Well Rudi you got me - I read that entire post hoping that something other than Possum Poke and Beaver Bagger would be evident. I did actually get one very useful bit of information about a wear pattern on my deck. Won't share that here and distract from the valued added learning discussion on Beaver Bagging...... :D :D :D

Re: for the new members

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:21 am

PVF1799 Ken, you are getting closer. There is a story (LOL) that Country Elliot wrote but no possum or beavers.

Re: for the new members

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:35 am

Mike in Louisiana wrote:PVF1799 Ken, you are getting closer. There is a story (LOL) that Country Elliot wrote but no possum or beavers.


Ok Mike - If your quest was to keep me looking it's working :D. The username Country exists, but has not been active for years. Country Elliot username does not exist nor does username Elliot. I'll keep looking between calls today.

Ken

Re: for the new members

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 am

PVF1799 wrote:
Mike in Louisiana wrote:PVF1799 Ken, you are getting closer. There is a story (LOL) that Country Elliot wrote but no possum or beavers.


Ok Mike - If your quest was to keep me looking it's working :D. The username Country exists, but has not been active for years. Country Elliot username does not exist nor does username Elliot. I'll keep looking between calls today.

Ken


Ok here's one for the history buffs. Found this on google - when the forum search did not find it. Found this on google - when the forum search did not find it.