This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Power Takeoff installation

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter
Circle of Safety: Y

Power Takeoff installation

Postby brichter » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:54 pm

Help! I need some info on changing out the Power Takeoff shifter lever and shaft. I have it in place but I don't have the knob on the end of the lever in the right place. I think it needs to be in the shifter clutch and I am having a lot of difficulty trying to do this alone. Is there a trick to getting it in this clutch or is it a two man job? I am sure there are those of you who have done this hundreds of time but this is my first so any help would be greatly appreciated. tthanks,

Billy Ray

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:54 pm

Billy Ray,

It's difficult to do if you're flying blind, but you can get the "knob" in the groove where it belongs if you look through the filler plug hole. It isn't a great view, but it's good enough to get the job done. I don't know of any way another person would help, unless it is to hold the flashlight so you can see better. :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Spark
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Spark » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:12 pm

Hi Billy Ray,
Like George said, remove that pulg and you can get a peek at it.
What I do is hold the shifter in the off position with my right hand and then start inserting the pto assembly with my left hand trying to keep it in line and when the front of the sliding clutch touches the shifter I tilt the pto assembly just enough for the shift pin to ride over top of the clutch and into the groove. All done while trying to line up the pin at the end of the pto with the bushing hole in the end of the drive shaft. It's a little poke and hope at best. Study how it all goes togeather for a few minutes then go for it.
Good luck with it,
Ron
Experience is something that you don't get until just after you need it.

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

Power Takeoff

Postby brichter » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:22 pm

Thanks to my friends on the board here, I have successfully installed the Power Takeoff shift lever and Andy is 100% functional again. I really appreciate the help and guidance from you folks.

Return to “Farmall Cub”