Re: Zenith Carb.

Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:38 pm

That is the aftermarket replacement carb

Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks Boss. WLM Cub

Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:31 pm

WLM Cub wrote:Carb # on tag, 4 02 -13794E -75123C 93 .
If you will note in the link for the replacement carb, Carb # 13794E is for a numbered Cub Low-Boy.

My point is that WLM Cub's carb, purchased from E-bay for $40- should work on a standard Cub without a problem. Basically, the standard Cubs' and the Numbered Cubs' have the same engine.

Back to the problem. High idle circuit partially plugged or vent for high idle circuit plugged.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Thanks Eugene, will pull it and go through it again.Where is that vent located in the carb? WLM Cub

Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:29 pm

WLM Cub wrote:Will pull it and go through it again.Where is that vent located in the carb?
Service manual shows the well vent jet as located in a recess in the top of the bottom 1/2 of carburetor. Wisconsin engine instruction book shows a passage for the vent in the top 1/2 of the carburetor.

When disassembling the carb, check for numbers on the venturi and jets. One more thing to check - see if the bowl gasket has not been installed upside down. Upside down will block off the well vent.

Short long story. Bought a Bobcat skid steer, cheap. Zenith carb. Ran like crap, excess fuel flow through carb. Bowl gasket installed up side down.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks again Eugene, will do that and check the #'s. How was yours running at idle and how did you know it was running rich? Thanks for all your help. WLM Cub

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi Eugene, finally got to the carb again over this weekend. Disassembled it again soaked overnight then assembled it and still ran the same. The carb was clean as a whistle before and after cleaning. With this 5 bolt base you could not turn the gasket over. I put it back on and started it up and ran great, then I put the air clrener tube on and back to the way it was running before. Pulled the air cleaner off the tractor,cleaned it out [water and oil mix] added new oil and it runs great now. Want to thank everyone for thier info and input. WLM Cub