1947 cub history needed. Please help.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:58 pm

I recently purchased a cub with serial number 3324. I got the orginal owners manual, but can't quite make out the dealers name. It has Ho. Pour_ Equipment Co. on the front cover. The man I bought it from said he bought it used in San Saba, Tx. I am really excited since I was raised in San Saba, Tx. Does anyone have any idea who this dealer was or where he was located. After the R in the pour name there is one or two more letters that I can't make out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know where to look. I hope it is the first cub sold in San Saba county. I am going to need some parts for this restore. I am glad I found this site. Thanks, Ricky

Re: 1947 cub history needed. Please help.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:03 am

Houston Power Equipment Company?

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:35 am

Welcome to the forum from Arkansas. 47 cub --- nice.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:35 am

Ricky:

G'day to you and congrats :applause: on acquiring your early '47 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub -- aka known as a Circle Cub - round Cub decals on the front doglegs.

I think Jim helped you out on that one, he is quite knowledgeable on dealerships.

You may wish to continue your research at the following links. We have a lot of resources for our members from Owner's, to Parts and to Service manuals as well as a lot of How To's and other aids.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the PDF Manuals -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:10 am

Thanks guys, Is there any way I can find out who the original owner was? Ricky

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:15 am

Welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately, there is no way to see who the first owner was unless you can trace it back through the locals in your area and who you bought it from. There are no IH records for this type of history.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:06 pm

See if this will help you locate the dealer although I don't see any dealer in San Saba, TX.

http://home.comcast.net/~mickhaynes/