2-cycle mix left over

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:24 am

I have about 1 gallon of of fresh gas and 2-cylce oil mixed up for a weed eater I no longer have. I was thinking of putting the remaining gas/oil mixture in the Cub to use it up. Any reason I shouldn't put it in the Cub?

Thanks.
George

Re: 2-cycle mix left over

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:27 am

No, won't hurt a thing other than maybe foul the plugs a little. I'd do about 1/2 gallon of mix, to 2 gallons of gas. Do it that way and there's really not much oil in the overall mixture at all. It may smoke a little but that's about it.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:04 am

I agree, it wont hurt anything. It may just make it smoke a little. I just poured 2 gallons into the cub leftover from my boat (2 cycle outboard).

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:30 am

I do it every fall to get rid of the weed whacker gas as I don't like to store it. Been doing it for years no problem.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:50 am

danmcdonald wrote:I do it every fall to get rid of the weed whacker gas as I don't like to store it. Been doing it for years no problem.
:Dito: may get slight smoke on occasion, but no problem, and I figure that on my mowing tractor which doesn't get used much in winter it is a little extra lubrication for the valves to prevent sticking

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:01 pm

I couldn't tell a difference on mine, she already smokes... :roll:

Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:00 pm

I put left over outboard motor fuel in a ford maverick, ir fouled all the plugs.

Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:53 pm

I use my leftover mix in my Diesel tractor. But it should be fine in the Cub if a couple of gallons or more of fresh gasoline is added. I doubt that any additional smoke will be visible.
Would nico-derm patches help the smoking? :lol:

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:06 pm

I have even put left over fuel oil in the Low Boy. We had some dumb tenants would forget to order fuel and complain the burner went bad. I kept 10 gallons of fuel to start up to keep from freezing till the truck could get there. Sold the house and now had 10 gallons of fuel. Just added a gallon to a tank of gas till it was all gone. Never even noticed a difference.
This thread brings back memories of the gas shortages in the 70,s. I was upstate NY and couldn't get gas to go home so I started the Air cooled Volks on the little gas in the tank and filled it with Kerosene. Drove the 300 miles home with nary a hitch. Don't forget this was common with tractors years ago, start it on gas and then switch over when the engine was warm.