This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch control stuck?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kennebunksawmill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04043

Touch control stuck?

Postby Kennebunksawmill » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:24 am

Good morning, I have a 1951 Cub. Yesterday I put the snowplow back on it to get ready for fall (I'm in Maine)...the plow lifted very slowly about 2" and stopped....hydraulics would not go up or down. I took the blade off and it still wouldn't move. Now, I've uncoupled everything from the touch control and drained the fluid out and it still won't move?? Any ideas? thank you

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

raystractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37058
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub, 1952 Cub, 1970 Cub, 1975 Cub, 1953 Cub, 1939 A, 1948 super A, 1952 super A, 1950 C demonstrator, 1952 Super C, 1949 H, 1956 farmall 300, 1957 international 350, 1963 Massey Ferguson 35
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Touch control stuck?

Postby raystractors » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:33 am

I would check the pump to see if the nut and gear has came off. If it had fluid and was working it sound like you lost flow.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:47 am

I'd start by cleaning the orifice, accessable through a pipe plug in the head.

Here is a thread with several suggestions on the same problem.
http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65530

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:36 pm

with no fluid it definitely will not move. it has to have fluid and the engine running to move in any direction. Here is a link to the touch control manual.
http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/downloa ... ontrol.pdf
In the meantime, put some Hytran or equivalent fluid in it and remove the top allen screw type plug where the lines connect to the TC unit itself. You should have fluid coming out there with engine running, maybe at fairly high pressure if an orifince in TC plugged. No fluid, gear may have come off of pump.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:27 pm

G'day to you and from your userID I am assuming you are down around Kenebunkport area? What you got there is air in the system and not enough Hy-Tran in the reservoir. Ask me how I know .. :roll: :lol: You need to open the reservoir fill port and then add some Hy-Tran .. cycle the touch control a bunch of times, refill and cycle until the touch control fluid overflows and the touch control moves up and down smoothly.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the [url=http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php]PDF Manuals[/url] -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”