No. 12 rotary weeder

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:57 am

Made up a bracket for the roto-hoe. It ain't a pretty weld but should hold up. I think i'm going to make a cross bar up by the rockshaft something similar to original. Will give it a try when the garden drys out. we had some rain here yesterday

Kirk

Re: No. 12 rotary weeder

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:27 am

It looks like it might be from a Super A rather than a Cub (based mostly on the width up front). It should work fine the way you did it. Just be sure it doesn't try to lift it too high and hit the platform.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:26 am

Kirk:

Looks pretty good for a 1st shot at it. If it works as planned a little judicious grinding and a little filler weld will make it look almost stock. Nice Idea.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Jim Becker wrote:It looks like it might be from a Super A rather than a Cub (based mostly on the width up front). It should work fine the way you did it. Just be sure it doesn't try to lift it too high and hit the platform.

Yea I thought the same thing after looking at the bracket in the manual. The rear piece to the rockshaft is also different but it should work. I have the stop on my touch control set so it don't hit but will keep an eye on it the first couple of times out just to be sure.

Thanks, Kirk

Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Why not use some blocks and mount like 54 blade?

Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:46 pm

danovercash wrote:Why not use some blocks and mount like 54 blade?

Might hit the oil pan, can't use it with the cultivators.