Can you ID this plow?

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:22 am

Picked this up at an auction this weekend. Similar to a 193, but beam is shorter and colter is different. Couldn't find any identifying marks.

Let me know if you can ID this...

Re: Can you ID this plow?

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:36 am

You can't find a part number stamped into the beam? My initial reaction is to say it is a 193 that somebody cut the end off of.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:14 pm

Jim Becker wrote:You can't find a part number stamped into the beam? My initial reaction is to say it is a 193 that somebody cut the end off of.

That's what I thought. I set it beside my Cub-193 (that has the imprinted IH part number, top curve of beam) and could not find any such number on this one. Shape and size seem to indicate it is a 193 with cut off beam, but thought all 193's would have a number.

The colter appears to be that of a multi-gang plow, not a 193. The head piece w/ springs appear to be a 193.

Thanks, Jim.

EDIT: If I get time this week, I'll hook it up and take it for a spin. It might work well enough.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:06 pm

Is it part of a mounted 2 bottom plow for a Super C or something? Seeing the Drilled holes in the sides make me think it is part of a disassembled plow?