Re: Group 19L Battery Source

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Xperimental wrote:Barnyard, I hope to make it there. I have not been to a Cubfest. It is only about 60 miles from the farm.

Come on over, I can pretty much guarantee you will have a great time. This was the first Cub Fest I attended about 4 years ago, I drove 2 1/2 hours there, told my wife I would probably spend a couple hours there, then head home. Well, I didn't want to leave!

I spend both days there now!

Hope to see you,

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Xperimental wrote:$89.95 in Ohio and $44.95 listed on the TSC web site?

The way the TSC web site works, you see pricing based on "your local store" as set on their system. When I set "my local store" to Marion, I see that battery for about $45. When I change it to anything around here, the price doubles.

I need to chack local prices for places I expect to travel to in the eaqr term and start carrying a junk battery or two with me.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Thanks for figuring that out Jim. I have to wonder what would contribute to such a great difference in prices. I can see that fuel costs could raise transportation costs to certain areas.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:41 pm

I've been buying my batteries from Rural King lately. They're about $5 cheaper than TSC and seem to be good batteries.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:50 am

Xperimental wrote:$89.95 in Ohio and $44.95 listed on the TSC web site? That seems strange. I could be wrong about the special and could have looked at the wrong tag. But I would think the price online would apply everywhere.

I called the Marion Indiana store just now. That is the closest store to me. The sales person indicated that they have them priced at $44.99 and have five in stock. The young man said he was unaware of a special , but that the price now is $44.99.

Barnyard, I think that Marion is even less of a detour for you. I will most likely go get one of the batteries tomorrow, but that will leave four in stock.

I had thought about going to the event in Tipton, but I am not sure at this point if I can make it.

Yep, the website shows $89.99 for my local store. At $44.99 you should buy them all. Bring them to Tipton and mark them up $5.00 and sell them to offset your gas to get there. :shock: :lol: