Best Source - BEST Quailty Decals

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:14 pm

It's time to order :D

What is your prefferred supplier for historical accuracy, quality of the graphic, longevity, etc. Cost is a factor, but quality and accuracy out way cost.

I can't seem to establish if the '48 would have had the Patent Sticker on the right fender or anywhere for that matter.

Ken

Re: Best Source - BEST Quailty Decals

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Ken,

IMHO the only place to get them is from Maple Hunter, contact John Hunter 812-894-9759. I think the patent decals were only used on export tractors...

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:51 pm

If you are looking for accurate reproductions, C&G is your best choice. They are the only ones made to match the original drawings.
http://www.cngco.com/

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Ken:

Agree wholeheartedly with Jim. All my decals I ordered from Ken at Carter and Grunewald.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:58 pm

TM Tractor Parts has the patent decals. The patent decal probably won't be in the Maple-Hunter set. They would have been used on US machines, not just exports. TM has complete decal sets as well.

I would stick to Maple-Hunter, TM Tractor, or C&G, whoever I bought from. Also it is not "correct," but I would spend more and go with the vinyl decals over the mylar.

Al