Platform Carrier with Drawbar Mount

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Now that got the Cub running and am starting to use it for more chores, I'm looking to construct a platform carrier. I looked in the manual section and found the brochure for the McCormick No. 1 Platform Carrier. However, it only gives it as a Fast Hitch version.

Was it available with a drawbar mount of some type? Right now I think I'd be content with just sitting it on the drawbar. However, in the future I plan on purchasing a rockshaft and believe I would like the carrier to lower to ground level and then raise. Would be easier for scootin' heavier stuff onto the carrier.

Re: Platform Carrier with Drawbar Mount

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:09 pm

There was a diagram for one on Rudi's manual server, but the link to it is not working at present.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:11 pm

Dennis:

This is what you are looking for : Kodiak's Karry-All

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. I looked around and about all I could find was RickyRacer's very nice carrier made from aluminum extrusion. His seemed like a rear receiver hitch carrier though.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Dennis:

I have a Nk Roble version of the Kodiak Karry-All for non-fast hitch Cubs. I really like Ron's design. Simple but very stout. Ricky's design along with everything he does as well is top flite and utilizes teh stock 2" receiver which I think is an excellent idea .. :idea: Just goes to show that there is more than one way to skin a cat :D

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:53 am

Here is a simple one http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57792

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:07 am

I've used a receiver hitch cargo rack, made for cars and trucks. The step bumper mount receiver hitch unit, at Harbor Freight, bolts right to the drawbar, with no drilling required.
Ed

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:14 pm

I was looking today while I was adjusting the belly mower and thought that it might work to cantilever a carrier out from the drawbar. It could sit on the drawbar, with one end sticking under my mule drive crossmember, and the other end sticking out for the carrier. Would not be adjustable lift wise, but if I was smart about it, I could fix it to where I could cut the mule drive end off, and pin in the top link to the forthcoming rockshaft lift.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:17 pm

TM Tractors brochure site has an ad for the "Pittsburgh Carry-Lift" I haven't built one yet, but the pictures and dimensions in the ad make it look pretty easy. Thats one of my round TUIT projects. John

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Dennis, with my luck I would end up backing into something.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:00 pm

I sure hope I get to use it again this coming bow season like I did last year.....

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:07 pm

ricky racer wrote:I sure hope I get to use it again this coming bow season like I did last year.....

Sure makes snakin' a deer out of the puckerbrush very easy. :) :)

Bill

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Ricky Racer! How'd you get that buck to jump into that basket! Man, that's some good hunt'n! :worthy:

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Rudi wrote:Dennis:

This is what you are looking for : Kodiak's Karry-All

I made his carry- all and I am quite pleased with the turn out

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Mine is just a flat plate bolted on top of db. with 4 bolts and has angle iron around the bottom!---I hauled all the taters/maters and used it to carry my fruit tree/garden sprayer on.---works good and be taken off in a few seconds if the need ever should arise,---and no you wont back into anything with it hanging on there!LOL!!! thanks; sonny