McCormick Deering # 100 control arm rod

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

I just ordered tires today and while making some adjustments I realized I have a problem with the chain raising control rod on the left side. The control rod I have may have been replaced, hence I have two questions. Is the control rod supposed to be straight and what is the length of the control rod from outside end to outside end?
Thanks in advance.

Re: McCormick Deering # 100 control arm rod

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:48 am

Believe mine was straight when I got it home. Also, page 25 of the Manual shows it straight, except for the hooked ends (#1 below):

It was my Yoke Raising Brace that was bent over (#8).

I'll try to get that length dimension when I get home tonight and send to you tomorrow, or someone else might beat me to it. Hope this helps.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:15 am

Stanton,
The drawing in the manual is what got my attention to ask the question. I think someone made a new rod the wrong length and had to bend it to make it work, it does work, but it is not quite right. Thank you for the help.
Curtis

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:12 am

Curtis - I come up with 51" center to center on that rod.

Chuck

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:37 am

Chuck,
:thanx: I am off to the local machine shop to buy a length of rod.
Curtis

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:09 pm

Worksmart wrote:Curtis - I come up with 51" center to center on that rod.

Chuck

Curtis wrote:Chuck,
:thanx: I am off to the local machine shop to buy a length of rod.
Curtis

Curtis--if Chuck's 51" dimension works for you, then I won't check mine. Otherwise, if you need additional info or dimensions, let us know.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:35 pm

:thanx: You guys are too helpful, maybe you will offer to come over when it is time to clean out the barn and fill the spreader.
Curtis