This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How the "expletive deleted" did I do this?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

How the "expletive deleted" did I do this?

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:23 pm

For those of you not familiar with one this is the right mounting bracket for my Cub 151 disk plow. I used the disk plow during the spring, but when I tried to mount it today, the plow arms would not fit into the brackets. I leave the brackets on the cub the year round, since they do not interfere with the implements I normally use. Some how this bracket has gotten bent inward and up. That would have take a lot of force, the bracket is 5/8" thick and 1 1/2" wide. The bracket faces forward and clears the front of the tire by about 4 or 5 inches normally.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rabbit Holler Flash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How the "expletive deleted" did I do this?

Postby Rabbit Holler Flash » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:35 pm

Torches are in the shed Scrivet has a key. Or wait till tomorrow ill be home n can "turn up the heat " on it for you. Moms step dad always told me " Theres a special place in hell for a man that hammers cold iron"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:36 am

Rabbit Holler Flash wrote:Torches are in the shed Scrivet has a key. Or wait till tomorrow ill be home n can "turn up the heat " on it for you. Moms step dad always told me " Theres a special place in hell for a man that hammers cold iron"
It is at Hilton Slayton's (machine shop). I figure he can do a lot better job than I could, even (or maybe especially) with your help. :lol:

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Was just looking at some pictures I had taken of the brackets in august , 2010 for a member that was wanting the measurements. Looks like the sideways bend was there then, but not as bad, but the upward twist was not there then.

Gerry Powell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 78736
Tractors Owned: two 1948 Cubs
1951 Super A
Kubota L2350

Postby Gerry Powell » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:32 am

It would be hard to do this without the plow attached since it's inward on the finals and not in a place to get caught up on something. My guess is the bracket was bent while pulling the plow. I used to have one of these plows, and my first reaction was, can a Cub pull a plow this big?. It can and does it well, but the brackets are maybe a little undersized for the job.
Gerry

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:15 pm

I did find the mounting eye bolt on the other side loose when I went to remove it last spring, but thought I had reinstalled the plow later with no problems. Maybe not though, Remembering something that minor you did 6 months ago is not likely for most people, and totally impossible for me.

Return to “Farmall Cub”