NEED HELP 1944 Farmal Cub

Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Everyone I need alittle help. I can purchase a 1944 Farmal Cub. The guy used it every year in his large garden. He now said he is going to retire at the age of 95 yrs old. He wants 2600 for it and it comes with a few attachments. Is this a fair price or what should I offer. I looks used. Kept covered up when not in use. Its just old.
Thanks
Joe

Re: NEED HELP 1944 Farmal Cub

Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Might be a 1947 Cub, first year.

Got photos of the tractor and implements.

Price depends on tractor condition, implements and their condition, and location. Is $2600- a fair price, don't know, but sounds high.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:42 pm

The price is somewhat iffy depending on what attachments are with it and how well it was cared for. As Eugene said, the first year for Cubs was 1947. Get the serial number and we can tell you what year it is.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:08 pm

Is it an A perhaps?

Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:41 am

As others have said the year or model isn't right....A fellow just recently had a cub for sale I looked at...It was a pre 47 A....Some people think all small Farmalls are Cubs....However sounds to me like the feller, might just be confused about the year...Welcome to the forum....Dave

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:40 am

Joe:

G'day to you. Well let's see .. hopefully the tractor you are looking at is actually a Cub. If it is then the earliest it can be is a 1947 as that is when they went into production.

This is a '48 Cub:

This is a Farmall A:

One real quick indicator would be the front wheels. The A's are pretty apparent as they are very stylish.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the PDF Manuals -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:20 pm

"A few" attachments...such as? That will help determine price. I was looking at a 52 (and this forum is GREAT by the way) and was quickly talked down from the original price. Luckily I was able to bargain and got mine, with a belly mower and blade, for 1800, although it still needs work. That would be the first thing I would look at if I were not mechanically inclined or have a place to work on these...*how* much work does it need, and what do you want it to *do*? Parades/shows/minty fresh, or be a working restored? Or a combination? How much can you do yourself?

Just things to think about. I'm in love with mine, warts and all. They are addicting :) The folks here are VERY helpful...