This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rear Rockshaft and PTO Pulley Interference

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DieselDennis
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39042
eBay ID: ccbil
Tractors Owned: '48 Cub (Great Granddaddy's)
And some bigger ones.....

Rear Rockshaft and PTO Pulley Interference

Postby DieselDennis » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:10 pm

I went to test fit my newly found rear rockshaft assembly this afternoon. I was a little remorsed to remove the cover over the PTO pulley, but it would clearly interfere with the rockshaft. Well when I set the rockshaft down on the transmission housing, it became clear that the rockshaft bracket also hits the PTO pulley. The PTO pulley for my C-2 mower is 7 3/4" in diameter. Is this the standard pulley size?

In these pictures, I have the rockshaft plate raised about 1/2" on some spacers. I could notch out the rear of the rockshaft plate a little bit and it would clear the pulley. Does anyone else use their rockshaft in a raised position like this? Am I missing something there, or are the rockshaft and the PTO pulley mutually exclusive and can't be used together?

'48 Cub 12V Conversion, Zenith Carb, Electronic Ignition

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Rear Rockshaft and PTO Pulley Interference

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:51 pm

with the standard rockshaft there is no problem, but yours appears to be a modified hand lift, and from personal experience I have found there to be a problem with clearance for the 8 inch pulley. The ones I have dealt with I solved by putting some spacers under the rockshaft, and also removing a little bit of metal from it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”