Timing Mark(s) on engine pulley

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Timing Mark(s) on engine pulley

Postby cbcole » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:25 am

Hi folks, I'm returning after a 10 year absence. I had bought a 51 Cub and took it all apart. Sand blasted and primed the parts and rebuilt the engine. Then got off onto other projects and interests. Now my better half and I have decided to downsize and move back into the city so, I have to get the Cub back together now!

While removing the front pulley I cracked a chunk out of it and bought a used replacement. The engine uses a distributor but the new pulley has only the one timing mark on it. Can someone measure the distance around to the 16 degree timing mark so I can file a new mark?

Needless to say I will be posting questions about parts that I can't identify and don't know where they go. I'm painting it as I put it back together, but it's getting colder here in New Hampshire.

Cal Cole
cbcole
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 03820

Re: Timing Mark(s) on engine pulley

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:50 am

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 75048
Circle of Safety Award