New Cub owner and new to forum

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:23 am

My Grandpa bought a new in Cub in 1953, the year I was born.Recently I was telling my UPS driver that I was looking for something I could mow around our pond with. "I have a Cub with a belly mower " , says he. Well I went to see it last night and well............ he's dropping it off tomorrow. 1953 Model ! The battery is mostly dead but holds enough to keep the coil supplied. We rolled it out his garage door, popped the clutch and she purred like a kitten. No smoke , no fuss , no muss. The mower is a Danco and will need some new bearings but I think I can handle that. The paint , though faded is in good condition. For now I do not plan to strip it down and paint, just clean it up. Needs some new wiring but as I just finished restoring a 1950 Crosley car including a complete rewire, I can handle that.An oil change and tuneup to follow and get it ready for Winter. The it's on the the mower. I'm sure I'll be tuning in here regularly to ask questions so please bear with me. Thanks for the forum. PS, pics as soon as it gets here.

Re: New Cub owner and new to forum

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:56 am

Welcome and congrats. Keep us posted.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Welcome!! This is a great place to get great advice! Enjoy your Cub! Dusty B

Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Congratulations on getting your Grandfathers cub. It's nice to keep them in the family. Welcome to the forum and we love questions.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:12 am

Welcome to the forum from Arkansas. A very nice place to spend a little time. 1953 was a good year, as best as I can remember. Sounds like you got a nice cub to work with. Someday, post a picture of it working.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:21 am

Welcome to the forum - congrats on your Cub. We all like pictures - send some of your new FCUB.

Enjoy your Cub and the forum.

Ken

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:58 pm

G'day to you and congrats :applause: on acquiring your 1st new to you Cub :D They are addictive. I see you have been posting and getting information.

Here is some more .. as you will find out if not already there is a huge amount of information available to our resources .. to help our members with their Cubs.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the PDF Manuals -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:16 pm

congrats n welcome Bob. just added a '56 lo boy with cycle bar mower to my collection.