Great weekend working with Merlin!

Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:03 pm

Had a great weekend with quality Cub time! Saturday was spent blowing leaves in our yard and loading them in my cub trailer to take them down "in the hollow"... Three loads moved a lot of leaves...

Sunday found us having a "tractor birthday party" for Charlie's 7th birthday. This time it was time for rising kids on a hay (well straw really) ride into the hollow. Hard to tell whether the kids had a better time or I did!!

I love my cub trailer!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Great weekend working with Merlin!

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi Hengy,
Thanks for all the pictures,good to see thse Cubs in action!
I read your restoration thread and am curious why you bought one all the way across the country?
Just wondered if it had a sentimental history or it was the exact year you wanted..........
Anyway, nice work on the restore

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:32 am

The trailer looks a lot better than the last time I saw it.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi Bill... it certainly a 20 foot restoration. Looks great from about 20 feet away. This trailer will get use now that I have some acreage to maintain and lots of leaves and brush to move. It is certainly better to have a coat of paint on it rather than just letting it rust further away!!

Great time!

Mike

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Great picture of you all having fun! that is a great cub set up.
20 foot restorations are perfect for trailers, then you are not afraid to haul rocks sticks and dirt in a trailer-queen-trailer. I have seen it happen, and it is hilarious

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:50 pm

This trailer is well used and has been overloaded in its previous life. The tongue was so bent that the attitude of the trailer was significantly forward-leaning. I noticed this weekend that the wheels do tip inwards at the top, indicating that the axle shaft is a wee bit bowed. It rolls great as it is, and with the loads that I will be hauling with it (relatively light), I don't anticipate any bearing problems with it for sure. It sure is nice to have around and makes my Cub WAY more handy!!

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:31 am

Mike,

A great way to spend a weekend! It's hard to know who enjoyed it more. Kids have a special wide eyed way of enjoying tractors and hay rides.