This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How Much Will A Cub Lift ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DieselDennis
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39042
eBay ID: ccbil
Tractors Owned: '48 Cub (Great Granddaddy's)
And some bigger ones.....

How Much Will A Cub Lift ?

Postby DieselDennis » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:59 pm

'48 Cub with Touch Control Hydraulic Lift. Assuming there's no weight on the front or mid lifting, how much will the Cub lift off the rear rockshaft?

I know this is an "it depends" question; and that it has a lot to do with how far away the load is from the rear of the Cub, so let's assume that center of the load is 1' away from the end of the rockshaft.

I'm looking to build a rear carrier and am constantly considering how big to build it vs. how close to the rear of the tractor I can get it. Tonight I wondered if the rear rockshaft would have enough power to pick the front end off the ground (and I have front weights). It seems that I could remedy that with more weight somehow.

I recall a Cub can lift 350 lbs. Was that at the rockshaft?
'48 Cub 12V Conversion, Zenith Carb, Electronic Ignition

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How Much Will A Cub Lift ?

Postby Boss Hog » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:04 pm

300 for sure maybe 350
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: How Much Will A Cub Lift ?

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:51 pm

I do not know exactly how much you can lift with the rear rockshaft, but it will lift enough to make the front pretty light, even with front weights. Light as in if you come off the clutch a little quick the front will float a little then come back down. I have attempted to lift enough that the hydraulics stalled out, but it did not raise the front off the ground.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”