Cole Planter

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:21 pm

Any suggestions on converting this cole planter for use on a non fast hitch cub? Also would anyone have pics of the drive gear for the plates? This one is minus that parts(s). I picked up a lot of different parts and it may be amongst them, but I don't have any idea what it looks like. Thanks!

Re: Cole Planter

Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Thomas,

Here is the thread you need to read. Unfortunately, the photos are not accessible. Maybe Raymond can reinstate them.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67221&p=546604&hilit=+cole#p546604

Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:57 pm

You really have a lot of parts missing. If you will call the Cole people they will send you a manual. http://coleplanter.com/

Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:23 pm

We have a Cole Planter that I believe is set up for a non-fast hitch Cub......at least it came with a 1978 Cub. That tractor also came with a TON of implements including a non-mounted fast hitch and IH front mounted planter. The Cole unit looks as if it is for a Cub and hooks to the finals. I'll take some pictures and measurments tomorrow if I don't forget.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:38 am

Don McCombs wrote:Thomas,

Here is the thread you need to read. Unfortunately, the photos are not accessible. Maybe Raymond can reinstate them.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67221&p=546604&hilit=+cole#p546604

I need a Mod to unlock the above thread so I can edit the links.
Here are the pics straight from photobucket: http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/RDurb ... %20a%20Cub

Thanks for the heads up Don!

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks for the replies fellers. I went through some parts today and found these. Are they for this planter? I have several plates. Thanks

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:25 pm

The thread Cole Planter on a Cub has now been restored. Check it out. Raymond did a great job on it.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:11 pm

They look to be Thomas, and you have mail coming your way, I may be able to come up with a part or two :D

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Boss Hog wrote:They look to be Thomas, and you have mail coming your way, I may be able to come up with a part or two :D

Boss you are da man!

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:43 pm

I now have this planter and have gotten all the parts. Any suggestion on how to connect to a lowboy. Would like to plant next week.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Glad you got the parts! Check out link Rudi posted above for Raymond's solution. Should give you some good ideas