Danco C3 mule drive question

Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:55 am

It appears the blade(no longer there) on the mule drive was held on by a single bolt going up thru the blade and threaded into the spindle of the mule drive . Is this correct and if so what was the bolt size and thread pitch ?

Re: Danco C3 mule drive question

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:39 am

the mule drive does not have a blade the spindle has the blade attached you need 2 bolts and 2 lock nuts for each blade post some pictures and we can better help you

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:08 pm

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. Here's a picture to help
As you can see the one spindle on the left side of the picture has only a nut. The center spindle has no nut but uses a bolt. Is the "mule drive" the pulleys at the draw bar ?

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:12 pm

the mule drive is on the rear of the tractor post a pisture of the top of the mower deck i do not think it is a danco c-3

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Yes, the mule drive is the drive assembly at the rear of the tractor. Does this mower have 2 or 3 spindles? I am not sure this is Danco C-3.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Although hard to tell from the picture, I think it may be a Pennington mower. Why not take the bolt off the other blade to figure out what size it is?

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:06 pm

The center has a bolt , the outers have nuts. More pics

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:42 pm

It is a well used Pennington. As I recall, mine takes 3/8" standard thread bolts in all three spindles. 3/8" is awful small for that application. I do not know the length.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:18 pm

One spindle is broken, the deck is in bad shape, the spindle that is not broke needs new everything. I think it's destined to the trash pickers and I'll keep an eye for another mower. Have a lead on a C2 that may be a good one. Thanks to all. Tim