I had to look!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:14 pm

The Cub locating beacon kept chirping so I had to investigate. There was a Cub desperately needing a new home or it would be hung up and gutted to be parceled out. As long as I had a shot at it I knew it would survive a while longer. The seller said it had been his dad's and had sat in the barn for fifteen years. He now owned the property and wanted to clean the place up. After an hour drive and a great chat with the seller I was on the way to the barnyard with a little Loboy. The engine was free so that is a beginning. Everything was pretty much there except one dogleg, the seat cusions and the fan blade. I guess this calls for a little tinkering. I won't make it a parts piece until I have totally given up hope. I think it will be a nice one to mount my sweepster on.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: I had to look!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Miracle Max: It just so happens that your tractor here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Inigo Montoya: What's that?
Miracle Max: Part it out...

Paraphrased from the movie "A Princess Bride"..

Todd

Re: I had to look!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Bill, I think you'll need a radiator too. :D

Bob

Re: I had to look!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Bob McCarty wrote:Bill, I think you'll need a radiator too. :D

Bob

Bob, the radiator is still in the back of the truck. It looks pretty good, but I haven't put my tester on it yet.

Re: I had to look!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:35 pm

Ah, another yeller Lo-Boy. Don't forget to order a new gas cap.

Re: I had to look!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:48 pm

You got the seat frame. A good electrician could duplicate the bent tubes if necessary. Could not tell if you got the drawbar brackets. I made a pair in my shop that could pass for original but it is not necessarily a quick process.

Re: I had to look!

Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:39 am

Nice rescue Bill !!

Re: I had to look!

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:49 am

Barnyard wrote:The Cub locating beacon


I've wondered what happened to the Cub locating beacon.


Russ

Re: I had to look!

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:02 am

RUSSALL wrote:
Barnyard wrote:The Cub locating beacon


I've wondered what happened to the Cub locating beacon.


Russ

It's still around. I relocated the antenna for the base unit to the top of BOB's roof for much better reception. "Cub Locator ver. VI" for Windows works well with my PC. The mobile unit adapted quite well with the OnStar system in the new truck with the help of another Windows upgrade.

Re: I had to look!

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:06 am

Barnyard ::; I hope you don't have as much in it when your done with it as I have in Old Smokie, LOL Good Luck :{_}:

Re: I had to look!

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:26 am

Barnyard wrote:
RUSSALL wrote:
Barnyard wrote:The Cub locating beacon


I've wondered what happened to the Cub locating beacon.


Russ

It's still around. I relocated the antenna for the base unit to the top of BOB's roof for much better reception. "Cub Locator ver. VI" for Windows works well with my PC. The mobile unit adapted quite well with the OnStar system in the new truck with the help of another Windows upgrade.

Looks to me like you have the sensitivity set to only alert when it finds an identical twin of one you already have.

Re: I had to look!

Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:37 am

Jim Becker wrote:Looks to me like you have the sensitivity set to only alert when it finds an identical twin of one you already have.

Jim, What gives you that impression? :lol:

Bert
Image

Travis
Image

Elvis
Image

Le Roi
Image

Sponge Bob
Image

Shandon
Image

Rocky
Image

Tex
Image

Re: I had to look!

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:21 pm

Hey Barnyard, you got somethin against Headlights :?: :shock: :lol: Dave

Re: I had to look!

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:38 pm

pickerandsinger wrote:Hey Barnyard, you got somethin against Headlights :?: :shock: :lol: Dave

Well, if I had lights I would probably work well past dark. This way I can stop and do some shop work before calling it a night. :lol:

Re: I had to look!

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:45 am

Barnyard wrote:
RUSSALL wrote:
Barnyard wrote:The Cub locating beacon


I've wondered what happened to the Cub locating beacon.


Russ

It's still around. I relocated the antenna for the base unit to the top of BOB's roof for much better reception. "Cub Locator ver. VI" for Windows works well with my PC. The mobile unit adapted quite well with the OnStar system in the new truck with the help of another Windows upgrade.


The mobile unit must be one like the storm chasers use. Could this be a CUB chaser model?