Making Progress on Ugly

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:10 pm

Got her degreased,pressure washed stripped,sanded and degreased again.

I did take the tires and had them removed from the rims today, then sanded primed and painted them. Tomorrow I will have them remounted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Making Progress on Ugly

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:15 pm

And I did get her primed today.

She sure is looking better!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Looking good! Thanks for sharing!

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:19 pm

Got to love that Southern weather! Getting too cold out up here to do such things.
Your four-legged helpers seem to be having a good time!

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Looking good, Tim. What did you use on the rear rims?

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Mr. Roy,

I rattled canned them with Iron Gard International Silver.

I sprayed the primer and will be spraying the tractor and the hood with my buddys low pressure gun.
Last edited by Tezell on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:34 am

You gotta it going good. Won't be old ugly anymore. That is going to be a good looking machine.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:45 am

Nice....The primer looks great...What does that happen to be....Gonna be sharp looking.. :thumbsup:Dave

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:35 am

It's a 75 model.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:04 am

I don't see UGLY... Nice work on the Cub.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:29 am

Making good progress!!! And Looking Good!!!

:thumbsup:

Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:22 am

Sorry Tim i should have explained better...I was wondering what kind of Primer :oops: :lol: ....Dave

Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:56 am

Looks good. I think there's rain headed your way by the end of the week. :coffee:

Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:03 am

Yep, looks like Ugly is in the middle of a complete transformation. I can hardly wait to see it when you get finished. There are few things as satisfying as seeing a "Brand New" used Cub. Hopefully I can do the same with my "Bonnie Lou" one of these days. Keep up the good work, Papa!

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:56 pm

Dave,

I purchased the primer at Tractor Supply when they discontinued the Valspar paints. It is an oil based oxy red primer. It is some thick stuff I only used about a pint of actually primer after I thinned in down.

Harold I think the rain is moving in on Friday. Hopefully I will have it back under the shed by then.

Thanks fellows for all the comments.