Rear rim

Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:50 pm

I finally got my rim from JP Tractor Salvage sanded and repainted. When I took the bad rim off the cub. two of the mounting brackets fell off the rim, the bolts had rusted off. I was lucky the tire didn't break off while driving the tractor. I have the new rim and tire on the cub and will check the right side Monday. Bill

Re: Rear rim

Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:00 pm

:thumbsup:

Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Guess it was time to change it! :lol:

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:52 am

Yipes :shock: .....Glad it worked out...Dave

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:02 pm

If storage space permits, save the bad rim. No doubt portions of it are in satisfactory condition. Such a section could be used to repair another rim or several rims.
I have lots of storage space. The problem is that most of it is full and memory often fails to recall exactly where a particular item is located. Then endurance fails before one moves enough stuff to get to the desired item.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Bus Driver wrote:If storage space permits, save the bad rim. No doubt portions of it are in satisfactory condition. Such a section could be used to repair another rim or several rims.
Above all, save the old rim. Bit of work and welding, and you can save some pretty big bucks.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Bus Driver wrote:... I have lots of storage space. The problem is that most of it is full and memory often fails to recall exactly where a particular item is located. Then endurance fails before one moves enough stuff to get to the desired item.

Eloquent, as always. :) :)

Bill

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:29 am

Only thing I could save from my Firestone rear rim was the stem area. Didn't try to remove the lugs. If you need it, pm me.