This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Engine miss

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Engine miss

Postby Denny Clayton » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Eugene wrote:
Jason_Coffey wrote:If there is a way to test for a warped head I would definitely try it.
Compression test, dry then wet. I don't think that a warped head is the problem with #3 cylinder. More than likely worn or stuck rings since that cylinder is pumping oil - fouling the spark plug.

Just go ahead with the SeaFoam treatment, work the engine. It may take a while for the rings to free up - maybe never. In the mean time, you will probably continue to foul the spark plug. Next time you have to replace the #3 plug, go with a hotter plug and open the gap up a bit.

While you are adding Seafoam to the oil also add it to the gas. Then work it.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 am

Jason_Coffey wrote:I am also going to Napa . . . some 8mm wires. . . .

You need to use solid copper core wires. If you have resistor wires, they will contribute to your problem.

Jason_Coffey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74011
Tractors Owned: -
1958 F Cub with Woods 42C
1962 LoBoy with FH & Mott Flail

Postby Jason_Coffey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Jim, my wires are solid copper core. I haven't changed anything since I found the fouled plug. It is still running like a top. :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”