Plowing

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:48 pm

I got home too late to make it in the woods to do a little bowhunting so I figured I would turn some of the manure into the garden. I wanted to try the 1F194 beam on the hicrop since it has more height. I hooked the beam up to an old 193 plow bottom I had. I worked pretty good although could use some weights cause the manure isn't totally dry. The funny thing is while I was plowing I seen 7 doe and 2 buck. Guess I should look into making a bow holder for the cub.

Kirk

Re: Plowing

Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:48 pm

In many states it is illegal to shoot from a tractor, I assume they also include bow hunting.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:06 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:In many states it is illegal to shoot from a tractor, I assume they also include bow hunting.

While it is illegal (a tractor is considered a motor vehicle) who would enforce that? Not me :lol:

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:52 am

Guy I worked with fired a rifle off the back of his mule to acclimate him so he could hunt with him...The hot cartridge ejected into the mules ear...Should I finish...He found the mule back at the barn and sat on a donut for quite awhile in the Line Truck...Just came to mind...Probably illegal also... :lol:

Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:29 pm

That bow holder sounds like a good idea! It may be illegal to hunt while sitting in the driver’s seat of the tractor. However, you could dismount from the tractor to make your shot. :D

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:39 pm

I know this isn't safe, and I've never done it, but I know people who have shot deer from the bucket of a front end loader. To my knowledge, in SC, it's not illegal on private land. Hunting from horseback, or muleback, is definitely not illegal. To each his own...

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:49 am

Here's a couple of photos. cub plowing and one of the bucks I seen at the edge of the garden. Although not a shooter in my book but nice to see him around. Maybe in a year or two.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:08 am

You will not like seeing him around near as much as the garden comes up, especially if you raise early or late lettuce. They also like young tender corn plants. I have a neighbor I know is a careful hunter, and he has my permission to remove deer from my garden at anytime. We are getting an overpopulation in this area.