New owner needing help

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Just gotten. Was told it was a 48. From the pics I can tell its not. I pick up this weekend to bring it home. From the picures what can some one tell me lol. Once I have it home I can post the information from the vin and seriel Image

Re: New owner needing help

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:20 pm

Here's your photo. Welcome to the forum.

BTW, the plow and blade aren't for a Cub or Lo-Boy.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:36 pm

It's a 1960's model. Loboys weren't made until 1955 and then they had the rounded hood.

Welcome to the forum!

Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks so what model is this? I figured not 48 like said cause of the front grill, that old has the round grill. He told me that there is a attatchment that can make it into a 3 point hitch in the rear? Iam trying to gather as much knowledge as I can so when I get it home I know some thing besides what it says on the hood. When I looked online for parts none of the front grills looked anything like mine. They was either rounded or had the lights in the front grill

Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:30 pm

bigcountrychris wrote:Thanks so what model is this?

As I said, it is a 1960's model. It is definitely a Loboy. Without the serial number or some cast codes we can't tell the exact year. Once we have that info we can tell you more.

This plow and grader will definitely not work on it as Don stated.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:34 pm

You rock!! Wish you was closer to lend a hand one weekend! Hope I will meet some others closer to me to help with the restoration. I will definetly be posting the numbers on Saturday when I pick it up

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:33 pm

THAT plow is NOT even IH!!--LOL!---IT'S for a David-Bradley walk behind tractor!! thanks; sonny

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:27 pm

SONNY wrote:THAT plow is NOT even IH!!--LOL!---IT'S for a David-Bradley walk behind tractor!! thanks; sonny

That being said, it has some value along with the back blade and might be easy to sell generating some cash to put towards Cub implements if desired.

Chris, welcome to the best Cub website on the planet!!! :{_}:

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:43 am

Welcome to the forum from Arkansas. There are several members in Louisiana, and in March they have a CubFest scheduled. Louisiana CubFest March 7th - 8th, 2014 - Bogalusa, Louisiana
There you can meet some other folks, work on a few cub projects, much fun for all.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Welcome to the forum neighbor. Happy to help in any way I can. Ditto to what Randall said. Should be a good time. :coffee:

Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:26 pm

I am sure you could turn some cash for the plow due to the fact that it dont look all hacked up and would be easy to return to DB use!---its even got the turn over rod still on it!--LOL!---As for the blade I have studied the pic but cant tell if it might be homemade or not,--- at any rate it's a nice blade and should be worth a decent price to the right person! ---Welcome to the forum!!! thanks; sonny

Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Welcome to the forum , you will meet a great group of folks with lots of knowledge and suggestions. Attending a Cub Fest is a very good way to meet forum members and learn .

Berlin

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:57 am

Chris, Welcome to the Forum. As was said if you can make it to south Louisiana in March you will learn a whole lot of info and meet a bunch of cub members. Check out the members map. If you need anything just ask.
Also check out TM Tractor Parts at bottom of page. Lots of info there besides parts.