Cub on Steel Wheels

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:48 am

I don't know if anyone has posted this one before. I was poking around the web last night looking for cub pictures and found this out on http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=87884 You know it would have been nice to have steel wheels when we started mowing a field that had just came out of soil bank.

Doug

Re: Cub on Steel Wheels

Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:05 am

Doug,

Skid steer in the background with steel wheels also. Went to your link and it confirmed my suspicion, the tractor is on a Mennonite farm.

Bill

Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:06 pm

Are those the turf tire version?

I see they cut the hood for maintenance. At least they did a nice clean job on it instead of hacking it like others usually do.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:44 am

How about those hood modifications?????

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:08 am

Maybe in a round about way, they wanted to give that F-12 hood look from the side: Imagepic copied from internet search

Rick

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:59 pm

Barnyard wrote:Are those the turf tire version?

I see they cut the hood for maintenance. At least they did a nice clean job on it instead of hacking it like others usually do.

They must be "turf wheels", you won't get much traction with "low profile" cleats!

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Looks kind of like tractors used by Amish in our area and in Pennsylvania by where I hunt. Most of the time though, they bolt tractor tread from tires onto the steel wheels. I don't understand it myself. The Amish farmer down the road from the farm I hunt in PA uses a fairly new New Holland diesel with steel wheels and tractor tire tread bolted in place. Maybe they don't believe in air. :lol: But the farmer had a big air compressor setting in front of his barn. :roll: Go figure.....