Cub heater houser

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Here's the "new" heater houser I found in the paper last week. Needs some tweeking. Also some summer pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cub heater houser

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:43 pm

I used to really wish I had one of them for my cub, but since I have retired I don't worry about it anymore, I just wait till it warms up. :{_}:

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:37 pm

Is that President Nixon inside the cab of your Cub on that last pic? Thanks for the pics. Would love to see more from other angles/views. Esp on how it attaches.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:10 am

Nice looking machine. Here is one, slightly different, for sale in the Northeast. It's been up for a while. Price has been adjusted down a couple of times. Pretty sturdy looking rops on the other one.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/grd/4212122981.html

Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:02 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I used to really wish I had one of them for my cub, but since I have retired I don't worry about it anymore, I just wait till it warms up. :{_}:

It could be a while before spring gets here John. :D Vern

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:58 am

v w wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I used to really wish I had one of them for my cub, but since I have retired I don't worry about it anymore, I just wait till it warms up. :{_}:

It could be a while before spring gets here John. :D Vern

It's OK, Vern. John still has his "carousel" he can put on. Perhaps he'll post a pic of it again.

Nice snag, tractard. You even have the optional top to keep the freezing rain off your head. :{_}: Does it have the even more rare rear flap? I think the canvas should go to the inside of the fenders to protect it. I had one of that brand for a couple of seasons. Without the rear flap it was cold on a windy day with a tailwind. Bought it at an auction on a hot August day for $25.00 and a couple of years later someone else had to have it and was willing to give me $500.00.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:12 am

Oh good, now you can come over and plow my driveway. :D

Is that an enclosure on the yellow Cub as well?

Russ

Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:37 am

RUSSALL wrote:Oh good, now you can come over and plow my driveway. :D

Is that an enclosure on the yellow Cub as well?

Russ

When I first looked I thought it was rollover protection but now that you ask that question I looked again...does look like it says Sims on it.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:17 pm

The Yellow Cub is a 73" I found along the road North of Reading Pa. It's a Sims top as you can see. At one time i think it had side curtains , there's snaps mounted to its frame. I like the top for mowing grass in the summer. The cub is in great shape and came with a near new woods mowing deck. It also has a vertical exhaust stack....which i like.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:41 pm

These canvas ones are nice for us Canadians, especially those that have the canvas covering the engine sides which directs the warmer air coming through the radiator back to the operators seat. Likely there is a market for these if someone still produced them? These were common here at one time for all tractors but is another item that you seldom see now.

Thanks for posting
Jerry

Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:58 pm

The ones that have the engine side covers are great once the engine warms up, but nasty while the engine is still cold. I remember having one of those on our 400. Until the engine warmed up it was like having a 20 degree (or colder) hurricane blowing on you.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:17 pm

You can't beat a good heat houser cab with side curtians.I use to sell them with a roof and the back curtian too. If you had a block heater the warm up time would be quick.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:41 pm

I found this Heater Houser in The Lancaster Farmer paper last week. The roof has 2 vinyl windows... one on each side. One side is damaged. The rear curtain is missing as well. My wife is a seamstress by trade and hopefully I can talk her into making one up for me. What I'd like to do is use this one as a pattern and make up a new one.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Denny Clayton wrote:
v w wrote:.......
It's OK, Vern. John still has his "carousel" he can put on. Perhaps he'll post a pic of it again........
I still have it, but have not had it on in quite a while, It is not real practical . It is a cable splicer tent from Ebay, and the plastic was not designed to see through well enough to drive.