New owner 1948 orchard cub

Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:50 pm

I have recently acquired a 1948 farmall cub. It only has two pedals,one brake pedal and a clutch pedal. Also it has an extremely narrow rear end I was told that it could possibly be in Orchard cub. The rear is much more narrow than pictures of the cubs I have seen online. I don't find a lot of information about them online any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: New owner 1948 orchard cub

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:02 pm

post a pic and we will help identify it

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, post a picture and you will have an answer promptly!

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Welcome to the Forum. As Boss said, posting some pictures will help identify what you have.

Bob

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:32 am

Let me know if these pics posted. My computer is down and I am having to everything on my phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:47 am

Rear view
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:51 am

Ok.. I got two up.. They were a pain cause I had to reduce the size . Any info at all is welcome. The tractor is in very good shape. I know the family who owned at they parked it about 15 years ago. The motor turns over and everything is there that I can see except a battery. Gonna try to start in in the next week or two when I get time.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:33 am

Great snag!! Those vinyard Cubs are really rare. Others will be along shortly that know much more about them than me.

Welcome to the best Cub website on the planet!! :{_}:

Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:00 am

Lowrollerjr wrote:the family who owned at they parked it about 15 years ago...Gonna try to start in in the next week or two when I get time.

Make sure you prime the oil pump before starting since it has been parked that long. You sure don't want to damage the engine on that one.

That's a nice looking little Cub you got there.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:12 am

I did not know they made an Orchard Cub! That is one of the reason's I enjoy this site,if you'll read the posts and questions you'll learn something new....Good luck with your Orchard Cub and thanks for sharing! Rick

Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:59 am

JRICK wrote:I did not know they made an Orchard Cub!
I think it really depends on who you mean by "THEY". My understanding is that this type modification would have been done by an after market supplier, a local machine shop, or sometimes by the owner themselves, not by IH. Unless it was a French Cub then I don't know if IH made the Vineyard Cub or that was a modification by someone else. Regardless, it's a very neat tractor and will draw lots of attention anywhere it is. Great find! :{_}:

Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:45 am

Very interesting find.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:48 am

I have also been told that it is a vineyard cub.All I know is that it is really cool. If the modifications were made somewhere other than the factory you wouldn't be able to tell because it looks like a factory job. Thank you all for your quick responses. I will keep you posted on my progress. I think I scored for $500.00

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:52 am

Lowrollerjr wrote: I think I scored for $500.00

At that price, you won the game!

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:56 am

One more pic