This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rear platform for Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Rear platform for Cub

Postby DickB » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:54 am

Some Cubs have a rear platform for firewood, or small armfuls of brush, a place to set a rock or a bucket. Attached to the hydraulics on the Fast-hitch of my 1955 Cub, I would be interested in eventually finding/buying one. I think they're made for the fast-hitch, but please clarify that. And, about how much would I be looking at, dollar-wise? Kind of think it would be handy, and would like to hear how they've worked out for those who have them.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Tractorboy3
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20707
Tractors Owned: ........
1950 H
1952 Super C
1954 Cub
1957 Cub
1958 Cub
1995 Cub Cadet 1440
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rear platform for Cub

Postby Tractorboy3 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:05 am

I made a Cub-Carry-all...or at least thats what I call it...Check out this thread...maybe what you are looking for...
viewtopic.php?f=122&t=61575
'50 H, '52 Super C, '54 Cub, '57 Cub, '58 Cub, '95 Cub Cadet 1440

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:13 am

There are fast hitch versions and there are versions that bolt to a regular drawbar. The drawbar version needs a rear rockshaft and adjustable height bolts removed so it pivots on the pins of the mounting brackets attached to the finals. Most people make or have made their own as they are fairly simple. There are several past threads if you do a search. To get you started there's a good description with pictures on Rudi's manual server. Click on the right side "Manuals" above, scroll down a bit to How do I? Resource Links and click on "Implement and Part Sketches", then scroll down to "Kodiak's Karry All" which will get you here http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Sketches%20or%20Plans/Drawings-Sketches-Pictures/Ron%20Whiting/Kodiak's%20Karry-All/index.html

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:09 am

I got one for my Super C from Mr Don here on the forum. One of the best purchases I've made. Very handy!
Thomas

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:52 am

Dick, what you find most often is the fast-hitch style that you asked about, and will install very simply on your fast-hitch equipped '55. The style mentioned by others for a drawbar equipped Cub are generally fabricated from scratch. A third party made a drawbar style back in the day, but they are quite rare. I personally have a couple of the fast-hitch style carriers and they are very handy and, of course, easily installed. One day I may part with one of them. The below TM link is of the FH style:

http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/carryall_001.htm

Pricewise, I have seen just the metal framework for the FH style go for $250. Generally, they usually sell in the range of $250-$450 or so, depending on condition.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
rear carrier -- homemade

Postby DickB » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Denny,

The images at http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/carryall_001.htm show mostly what I think I'd eventually like. I might want not only a demountable rear wall but perhaps demountable side walls too. Thinking here that it'd be a good way to add some rear weight for snow plowing, a way to haul tools about (with walls up).

Thanks for locating it.

Could make one from scratch, with some skill issues on the actual fast hitch part that inserts into the tractor. I looked at eBay and saw some for sale that could be added to. It might be doable. Then again, if an affordable one showed up in my region, that would be nice.

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:36 pm

You can fabricate one with a F/H point from Agri-supply. You can cut off a short one to fit. It's on my to do list after I get present projects finished. Making a landscape tool and aereator.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Xperimental
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47359
Tractors Owned: Farmall 200
1956 Farmall Cub
1961 Farmall Cub
Farmall 460D
International 656D Hi-Clear
Farmall 806D
Allis Chalmers 5020

Postby Xperimental » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:00 pm

I use old fast hitch points that were originally used with the two point fast hitch on the larger series tractors. I usually find them in pairs. I like having them around because two of them work on my larger fast hitch tractors and one of them will work on my Cubs. The smaller point for a Super C type hitch would require a 1/2" spacer to use it on a Cub.

I have been looking an original carryall for my fast hitch Cubs, but I have thought about making one. I do have a two point carryall that has been with my 200 since it was new. I almost never take it off the 200 and use it for all kinds of jobs. I am very partial to the IH fast hitch. I like it much better than three point. But it may well be because I grew up using fast hitch Farmalls.

Kirk-NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07838

Postby Kirk-NJ » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:27 am

I used my FH platform with one wheel weight yesterday to plow snowplow. It work out good. They are good for carring stuff like brush and firewood. Over loading them will lighten your front end.

Kirk

DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
rear carrier -- homemade

Postby DickB » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:46 am

Yeah. I'm beginning my search for a fast hitch for the '55 Cub. Looking for one with that upright part that fits into the slot above the fast hitch--the one that limits sideways tilting of the hitch and the rear carrier. I suppose a fast hitch without the upright would do, if my welder friend made one. Then again, if no fast hitch appears we might have to start from scratch. Anyone down there at the Snead, FL Cubfest and coming back up to the balmy northeast, and who sees a fast hitch for sale might give me a PM to figure out some things....

Not having the rear carrier, it still being a dream here, I nevertheless confronted 10" of snow yesterday morning. At +1 F deg., that "new" Cub (i.e., water heater, oil pan heater, battery heater, battery being charged -- and all rigged up to a timer that clicked on at 4AM...) was up and snorting and ready to go on the 4th pull. Didn't need a rear carrier, though, with just 10" of powder. The Cub had no problem with spinning rear wheels which surprised me since there's big ice patch in the driveway. Those chains do their job too.

smallfarm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43078

Postby smallfarm » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Just ran onto this a few seconds ago in Cadize OH'

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/4253874704.html
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:47 pm

You can make an upright by sawing an 8" or so piece of thick-wall 2X4 metal tubing length wise on an angle. On second thought maybe 1 1/2X 3 tubing. Makes two. Notch 2" side at bottom and weld on hitch stock. I don't think upright is for sideways slop, just to limit penetration. Diamond shaped shims on the side of point will take care of play. Like the ones on Cole fast hitch planters. Pix below of Cole point with new thicker shim.

http://photos.cubfest.com/displayimage.php?pos=-14567

http://photos.cubfest.com/displayimage.php?pos=-20767
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Return to “Farmall Cub”