This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

got it split

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
okiecub51
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 73456
Tractors Owned: 1951 Ford 8N
1951 Farmall Cub
1944 John Deere B

got it split

Postby okiecub51 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi everyone, I finally got "Harry" the cub split today! Its been three months in the making :{_}: . The input shaft had moved forward, I don't know why the retainer looks to be installed correctly.
What do I need to do to get the input shaft out of the tranny? Is there anything I need to know before I attempt it? Thanks guys! :thanx:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: got it split

Postby tst » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:06 pm

engage the pto so that gear does not fall in to the diff, remove trans shifter so you watch the gears as the shaft is pulled, remove the front seal, shaft is now free to pull out, the two top gears will fall out of place a little when you pull the shaft so you just wiggle them back in to place when installing the shaft, make sure to check the rear shaft bearing as that is a weak spot on these old cubs, if your old shaft is pitted where the bearing rides replace it, replace the front bearing and seal also
Tim

okiecub51
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 73456
Tractors Owned: 1951 Ford 8N
1951 Farmall Cub
1944 John Deere B

Re: got it split

Postby okiecub51 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks for the tip Tim, I never would have known to engage the PTO, that gear would have fell right off of there with me.

Return to “Farmall Cub”